Monday, November 10, 2014

Dangling Pearls Headband




I designed this for one of my daughters.  It turned out great so I have plans to make more this spring!  I do hope you enjoy making it.  If you have any issues please feel free to let me know.

PLEASE READ ENTIRE PATTERN BEFORE BEGINNING!  THANK YOU  :-)

C hook and 1 ball of #3 thread

Ch 23
Special stitch is the extended double crochet.  Shown as EDC

I did test this but if you have trouble with watching the video just copy and paste.
 

WIDE HEADBAND:

Row 1:  Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, * ch 3, 1 sc in next 2 chs* to end.  You should have 4 ch 3 loops, turn.

Row 2:  Ch 3, edc in next sc, *ch 3, edc in next 2 scs* to end.   Turn.

Row 3:  Ch 1, * 1 sc in next 2 edc, ch 3,  1 sc in next 2 edcs*, turn.

Repeat rows 2 and 3, ending with row 3 until it just fits around the head.  Do not cut thread!

( I am not giving any inches here because it stretches and does not fit like a hat!  So you need to measure the head it will fit.  If it overlaps too much your ties won't look right so stretch around the head comfortably. MIne measured 20" and stretched to 23" when done.)

Ties- you will have 4 on either end.

*Ch 50, turn, 12 dcs in the 3rd ch from hook, sl st up the ch until you reach the headband, sl st in next sc, sl st in next sc* and repeat to end.

For the other end attach your thread to the first ch you worked a sc in, repeat above, crocheting over your tail.  Finish off and weave in all ends.

I glued rhinestones and pearls in the circles.

NARROW HEADBAND:  EXACTLY THE SAME BUT BEGIN YOUR CHAIN WITH 18, THIS GIVES YOU A NARROWER HEADBAND.

THE PICTURE IS NOT MADE FROM #3 THREAD BUT FROM CORD SO YOU CANNOT GO BY IT.  I DID CROCHET BOTH THE WIDE AND NOT SO WIDE BANDS WITH THREAD AND C HOOK.  HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I GOT THE CORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment